Beef Stroganoff is one of the dishes my dad makes that I actually absolutely love and I don't know whether that's because it's so comforting and flavourful or because of the fact that he just fills it with brandy and gets us all drunk. This recipe I don't really tweak at all because I do enjoy it so much and isn't that what cooking's about passing down recipes sort of? This dish is so super simple and can be made within 10 minutes if eating pasta instead of rice, so quick & easy and all that stuff.
220g- Sirloin Steak any steak will work though, to be honest
250ml- Single Cream
3 Cloves- Garlic
1 Med- Onion
10- Mushrooms this seems like a lot but they will shrink
1tsp- Mustard I used English but you can use Dijon instead
1- Stock Cube
1tbsp- Cooking Oil
2 Handfuls- Pasta any pasta will do!
1. If you're eating with pasta then get your pasta going you should know how to do this, bring salted water to a boil and boil until pasta is soft.
2. Chop up your garlic, onion, and mushrooms and put all into a bowl.
3. Thinly slice your steak and in a lightly oiled pan on a med/high heat fry steak until brown and remove from pan and set aside for later.
4. Turn the heat down a lil bit, add the chopped onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute until onions are translucent or no longer hurting eyes.
5. Once Onions are translucent add in the mustard, salt, pepper and crumble in the stock cube and mix around.
6. When everything is incorporated add the brandy to deglaze and cook out the alcohol then add the cream and the rest of the steak then your Stroganoff is done if you're not adding pasta.
7. If you've put the pasta on then it should be ready at this point and add it to your stroganoff and you're done!