Pad See Ew is a Chinese influenced Thai Dish, translated it just means fried soy sauce noodles, it even sounds super simple doesn't. This is one of my favorite Thai festival foods as you can just watch the chef work the wok and make the dish from scratch that just proves how quick it all takes once the ingredients together. Unlike Pad Thai to you can find all of these ingredients in nearly all shops without much compromise.
2 Packs- Rice Noodles usually people would use super thick rice noodles but as long as they're flat I honestly don't think it matters too much.
2- Chicken Breast, you can also use prawns or beef any protein really or even tofu
1large- head of broccoli or a pack of Chinese broccoli whichever one you can find it's all good
4-6 tbsp- Light soy sauce
2-4 tbsp- Dark soy sauce or sweet soy sauce it's down to preference or whichever one you can find at the shops
2tbsp - Fish Sauce
3 cloves- Garlic
3- Chillis any chillis will do depending on how good you are with heat
1/4 cup- White rice vinegar
Optional: 2-3 tbsp- sugar
1. In a bowl put your rice noodles and soak in boiling water for 10 mins then slice your chicken as thinly as you can and put into a bowl with 2tbsp of soy sauce and leave to marinate for 10 mins or while you do everything else.
2. Now Dice your Garlic and broccoli.
3. At this stage, we can make the sauce in a small bowl add 2-4tbsp of the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce or sweet soy sauce and fish sauce, you can also add 2-3 tbsp of sugar too, just give it a taste see if it's good for you.
4. Grab your chicken and put it into a lightly oiled pan on high heat and flash fry until barley cooked then empty the pan and wipe it down and lower the heat.
5. Once you've lowered the heat add a Lil more oil to the pan and fry the garlic and broccoli together until the garlic is fragrant. Then move broccoli and garlic to one half of the pan and crack the eggs on empty part of the pan and scramble once halfway done mix it all together with the broccoli and garlic.
6. Drain and add your rice noodles to the pan mix it in and now add the chicken and the sauce. now combine the mixture together until the noodles turn brown and taste if it needs any more fish sauce, light or dark soy sauce add it in now.
7. When the noodles turn brown put the heat back to high and leave it for a minute to caramelize the noodles at the bottom then flip it over or move them around a bit and do the same to the other side and you're done Pad See Ew!
8. Also, you can chop the chillis and put them into a bowl then add vinegar and this is the perfect accompaniment to the sweet and salty noodles use sparingly though.